Wireless Control and Monitoring of Industrial Processes by AVR and LabVIEW*
Tamara Z. Fadhil
Department of Informatics Systems Manage
Businesses Informatics College
University of Information Technology and Communications
This paper presents expansion, enhancement, design and implementation of wireless SCADA systems to control a variety of industrial processes from a master location which include authorizing vast monitoring for pipelines, natural gas, petroleum fields, water and transportation systems, chemical plants, utilities, oil refineries, power generation, electrical grid and an immense assortment of industrialization functionality. The control of environmental temperature, oil pressure, gases concentration, fuel tank level in power industrial plant had been collected and analyzed with a high power capacity 1 MW, based on Master terminal unit (MTU) design for data acquisition from Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) sensors and wireless data transfer using 2.4 GHz RF module, makes sensors data collection come true.
- N Yee, J-P. Linnartz and G Fettweis, Multicarrier CDMA in Indoor Wireless Radio Networks, Proc of IEEE PIMRC ‘93, Yokohama, Japan, Sept 1993, pp 109-13.
- Subhransu Padhee, Yaduvir Singh, “Data Logging and Supervisory Control of Process Using LabVIEW,” Students' Technology Symposium, IEEE, 2011.
- Nishantkumar D. Gajipara, Prashant L. Ahire, “Design of SCADA for Real Time System with LabVIEW and Microcontroller,” IJIRAE, 2014 pp 85-90.
- Anthony R. Metke, Randy L. Ekl, “Security Technology for Smart Grid Networks,” IEEE Transaction on Smart Grid, Vol. 1, No. 1, June 2010.
- Niladri Kumar Mitra, Principles of Artificial Lift , 1st ed, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., 2012, pp. 361-363.
- S&S IT Innovations Technology SDN BHD, “Automation and Embedded Solutions,” 2015.
- Yasar Birbir, H.Selcuk Nogay, “Design and Implementation of PLC- Based Monitoring Control System for Three-Phase Induction Motors Fed by PWM Inverter,” international journal of systems applications, engineering development, 2008.
- Ali Gulabi, “Development of an Embedded SCADA System with PLC and Java Application for Synchronous Operation of Standard Servo Drives,”Master thesis, Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Applied Sciences Hamburg, 2007.
- A. Zanasi, Data Mining VIII: Data, Text and Web Mining and Their Business Applications,WIT Press, 2007.
- Nilmini Wickramasinghe, Handbook of Research on Healthcare Administration and Management, Epworth HealthCare, Australia and Deakin University, 2017.